Friday, March 02, 2007

Lesson For Everyday


Pastor Tom Mambo (orange shirt with Allan Msowya--thumbs up on right, Martin Phiri, Chitipi Farm Manager far right in blue shirt, House Parent Patterson Lungu of Chitipi Farm back left in suit) all staff posing for a group shot in front of Salima dinning hall Feb 2007--they love their work!

Malawi Pastor Tom Mambo, who is visiting in the states for another few days and had been staying with our family before his trip to Hawaii, was back and at my home today. He is currently staying elsewhere since I've been sick with the flu and bronchitis. However, he came over to get some of his things and he asked if he could pray for me. "Of course," I said. He prayed that God would heal me so that I would be able to "do the many things HE has for me to do."

I was so humbled by this prayer, because being sick and/or discouraged makes you want to just give up and his prayer put my mind back on service to Christ and His Kingdom, rather than service to poor me.

I think that must be what Jesus meant when HE said...Occupy until I come....

No comments: